[governance] IGF closing ceremony speech

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:38:17 EDT 2014

Thanks for this Mawaki and I agree.

I think what people like Milton miss in the IG discussion is the issue of
"power"... Who has it, how to get it, what the folks who have it currently
use it for or are likely to use it for in the future.

Governance is as much about controlling those with power or attempting to
redistribute power as it is about anything else.  To willfully ignore the
power issues in IG is to more or less completely misrepresent/misunderstand
the most significant issues.