[governance] Re: [bestbits] [discuss] Draft statement on making IGF permanent

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Wed Sep 3 10:06:05 EDT 2014

Apologies all.. this message was sent before I completed it. Let me
start again.

Dear all

This is an excellent initiative.

I have not read all the comments.. my apologies. Too busy here are the IGF.

These few comments are what struck me when I read the statement:

1) Summary of the IGF mandate from the Tunis Agenda. The summary omits
several really key point from the TA IGF mandate. I would suggest either
quoting the entire agenda, or making the summary more comprehensive, or
just referencing it. It is short so  my preference would be to quote the
full text.

2) Where we reference national and regional IGFs could we say that most
of these involved the active support and participation of UN member states?

3) Can we get to the point of the recommendation earlier in the text?
Background can follow later.

4) I am not sure we should give this option in this way:If this is
impossible given current UN rules and regulations, we would recommend a
stable ten year extension, to enable longer-range commitments and
financial planning.

I suggest we just leave it.

All for now and apologies for not being able to read and comment on
everyone's comments.

Anriette

--
anriette at apc.org