[governance] PP: India wants to abolish BGP and introduce national routing and IP management

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Oct 28 07:49:18 EDT 2014

At 10:12 28/10/2014, McTim wrote:

>I will be happy to declare a victory if I can convince you that thinking of
>IP resource distribution in Westphalian terms isn't useful.

dear Guru and McTim,

I would be happy to declare peace the day [inapropriate] dogmatisms
are removed from where they do not belong. Please stop thinking in
"XIXth reviewing XVIIth" paradigms. The (uncompleted) XXIth paradigm
has been explicited by IEEE, IAB, IETF, ISOC, W3C in RFC 6852 and the
way to administratively address it by IETF, ITU, ICANN and W3C in RFC 2691.

What is archaic is the IPv6 and IDNS management entrusted to
governance structures designed by the NTIA to manage IPv4 and the
US-DNS and the adoration of the gods of administrative and technical
status-quoes.

Did any of you heard about LISP, NDN, SDN, ISO layer six, IEN 48
objective, etc?

jfc