[governance] RE: [IRPCoalition] [bestbits] Time-sensitive: 24 hour sign on period for ITU Plenipot joint recommendations

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Fri Oct 24 10:52:04 EDT 2014

Why isn't a multi stakeholder process any less broad or inclusive than say
a multi lateral government only model, or a Parliamentary model in which a
few elected representatives (whom you may not even have voted for), or a
bureaucrat employed by the government elected by a country, determines
policy that affects you?

True participatory democracy, going by the letter of that wiki definition,
appears to be found in the cantons of Switzerland I guess, or on a smaller
scale, in a local club where every member has a voice and a stake on where
to hold their annual event, for example.