[bestbits] Nothing to do with internet governance or NMI WAS Re: [governance] Whether to participate in NETmundial Initiative - RFC

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 22:49:47 EST 2014

I have no desire to engage in an offlist conversation, as what is at stake
is too important to take offlist.  If Members of the IGC are unable to
assert simple facts in evidence along the lines of  "it is Western
democracies that have allowed the double Dutch-Irish sandwich", without
being called, dangerous, insane and undemocratic then we have no basis upon
which to continue to try and keep the IGC alive.

I would be happy to accept your apology and the retraction of your ad
hominem attack onlist.

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global
Journal <jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net> wrote:

> McTim,
>
> Would it be so? Maybe we can spare the lists?
>
> If you wish to talk to me privately about why I came to such conclusions
> (for both), I am ready to have a conversation with you.
>
> JC
>

> Le 22 nov. 2014 à 15:22, McTim a écrit :
>

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global
> Journal <jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net> wrote:
>
>> Peter,
>>
>> I think it would be appropriate to gently refrain subscribers from
>> falling into personal attack, or in abusively labeling others' opinion or
>> view, discriminating any one for its citizenship, religion... Calling to
>> refrain might not lead to more attack, but maybe cool down minds.
>>

> Yet in the last few days, you have made these 2 personal attacks:
>
> "(At least we know you are no democrat)"
>
> "this is insane and dangerous thinking"

> retracting those comments and moderating your tone before you ask that
> others refrain from falling into personal attacks.
>

> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim
> "A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route
> indicates how we get there."  Jon Postel
>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

Cheers,

McTim