[governance] World Internet Conference Day 3 - "Wuzhen Declaration" proposed

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu Nov 20 20:38:35 EST 2014

Day 3 of World Internet Conference just started, am attending the "Internet
Governance Forum"

Here is the memo I am taking, real time if connection works

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vYdPeOrnWRuGbjbXStAeQHJ3BcbQ0j_ARw20eqcnuj0/edit

Go to page 52 for Day 3.

Now, early this morning an envelope was inserted under the door of my room.
There was Draft Wuzhen Declaration - 2 pages in Chinese and English, each.

It says in the attached cover letter,

"During the Conference, many spakers and participants suggest that a Wuzhen
declaration be released at the closing ceremony. <snip> If you want to make
revision to it, please contact the organizing committee before 8 a.m. (to
info at wicwuzhen.cn)

I found this at 8:40!  It was not there until 12 pm last night for sure.

Anyway, here is the main points:

<http://www.anr.org>After the preamble,

We call on the international community to work together to build an
international Internet governance system of multilateralism, democracy and
transparency and a cyberspace of peace, security, openness and cooperation

Then followed by these principles with 4 or 5 lines each,

1. Enhance cyberspace connectivity
2. Respect Internet sovereignty of all countries
3. Jointly safeguard cyber security
4, Jointly fight cyber terrorism
5. Advance development of Internet technology
6. Vigorously develop the Internet economy
7. Widely spread the positive energy
8. Dedicate to the healthy growth of young people
9. work for a cyberspace shared and governed by all

There is no mention of Multistakholder, Human Rights, Free flow of
information, among others.

My first look.

izumi