[governance] URGENT: Last call for feedback on CS participation in NETmundial Initiative

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Wed Nov 19 10:35:12 EST 2014

My view would be for us to participate in NMI. We have nothing to
loose, not even credibility. More often than not, we have participated
in forums where big money and governments are also represented. Like
the IGF for example, and the one time NetMundial. Civil Society also
participates in ICANN through NCSG and At-large, ... and many more
initiatives that escape my mind.

If we don't participate in NMI, they will just go ahead without us,
and achieve their agenda and goals without the checks and balances
that Civil Society brings. Remember, nature abhors a vacuum.
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
L: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lordmwesh
B: http://lord.me.ke/
T: twitter.com/lordmwesh

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk
on higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson