[governance] URGENT: Last call for feedback on CS participation in NETmundial Initiative

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Nov 18 16:20:27 EST 2014

Just following up on the information put forward by Mawaki below.

As a result of further discussions over the last 24 hours the situation if we participate could be

CSCG Nomcom receives all nominations for civil society participation for evaluation.

CSCG Nomcom recommends one candidate per geographic region and submits with reasons.

NMI convenes a (virtual) meeting with CSCG Nomcom and their transitional council to discuss any issues arising, with a view to reaching a rough consensus agreement if there are any issues with our nominations. If there is a strong dissenting voice from another area of civil society they may also be invited to participate – after discussion with us. Their suggestion is for any such discussion to be livestreamed.

This is all new and currently being discussed within CSCG, but it represents a stronger commitment to CS choosing its own representatives.

Passed on for the sake of clarity as regards what our participation in choosing representatives would look like. But this is of course only one factor in people making a decision here.