[governance] PINGO

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon May 12 12:39:13 EDT 2014

Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 11 May 2014 02:12 PM, "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here is my view how to deal with the section on Internet Principles
> > of the NetMundial Sai Paulo Declaration.
> > http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140510_pingo_net_mundial_adopts_principles_on_internet_governance/
>
> To quote your paper
>
> "And this document is supported by the majority of governments, by
> the most recognized and respected leaders from the private sector,
> the gurus of the technical community and a broad range of civil
> society organizations."
>
> Wolfgang, can you show evidence to the effect that NetMundial
> document is supported by a majority of world's governments. This is
> apart from the fact that a very large number of civil society
> organisations present at NetMundial opposed the outcome document, and
> I can tell you, an even greater number outside oppose it.

Here's another claim which I think is misleading and inaccurate, if not
manifestly untrue: Wolfgang claims that the NetMundial outcome document
was "adopted by rough consensus by all stakeholder groups, with the
exception of the governments of Cuba, Russia, Saudi Arabia and India".

Greetings,
Norbert