[governance] RE: PINGO

JOSEFSSON Erik erik.josefsson at europarl.europa.eu
Sun May 11 22:25:19 EDT 2014

Dear Mr Kleinwächter,

Thanks for the instructions in your article's last paragraph on how to use the NETmundial text! :-)

I wonder if RFC-compliance would fall within its OPEN STANDARDS paragraph?

<quote>
OPEN STANDARDS
Internet governance should promote open standards, informed by individual and collective expertise and decisions made by rough consensus, that allow for a global, interoperable, resilient, stable, decentralized, secure, and interconnected network, available to all. Standards must be consistent with human rights and allow development and innovation.
</quote>

If so, would it be advisable to use the NETmundial statement to inform public bodies like the European Parliament about RFC-compliance? As the EP is providing email for us who work here, you could maybe argue that it contributes to a widely used social network platform on the internet and therefore, to some extent, contributes to "internet governance"?

Grateful for advice.

I ask because we're working on connecting the dots (as far as those dots exist):

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parl-user/Week-of-Mon-20140505/000043.html
http://icg.greens-efa.eu/pipermail/hub/2014-May/000130.html

Best regards.

//Erik