[governance] collapse of WIPO meeting

divina.meigs divina.meigs at orange.fr
Fri May 9 10:28:30 EDT 2014

Dear Stuart
Thank you for alerting us on this stalemate situation. IFLA has been doing
an excellent job at sensitizing the community at large about the need to
allow libraries to proceed with their missions in the digital age. I am
appalled (though not really astonished) to see that there is such
resistance, in the era of MOOCs and other Learning Data tools.

I hope we can come up with a solution and viable alternatives.
Please let me know if you think the case could be put to the first forum
on Media and Information Literacy that will be held in Unesco Paris on
27-28th May.
best

Divina Frau-Meigs
Professeur, sociologue des médias, ANR TRANSLIT
Directrice CLEMI, Directrice CREW EA 4399
Chaire UNESCO « savoir devenir dans le développement numérique durable »