[governance] Re: [bestbits] Quick Update on WGEC meeting day 3

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Sat May 3 21:40:29 EDT 2014

Thanks for this summary, very interesting.  I think it would be unwise to neglect a chance to move the yardsticks forward on enhanced cooperation, which means (probably, or at least IMHO) seizing the good bits from the attached document, cross  fertilizing with the good bits from netmundial, reminding everyone how far the Internet has evolved since Tunis (and therefore the people must too), and building a platform for rough consensus on multistakeholder action.  This would be a welcome input to discussion on other lists, where the interaction at times ranges from arid to bloated, but all in all this will help it be more productive,  with substantive action items like this to build on.  Personally, while I sure understand that everyone is tired, I don’t believe we can sit on our hands until the end of 2014, there are too many things we need to push to the next level.
Thanks
Stephanie