[governance] netmundial 0.1

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Thu May 1 10:01:40 EDT 2014

Ian, thank you for this appreciation for the participation of civil society
at the summit of Brazil.
It should recognize that our diversity is immeasurable wealth that we have
been able to exploit a wisely. It is also necessary to recognize that
within civil society, there has leaders, analysts, futurists .... but a
veritable kaleidoscope of cultural and scientific values.
Exchanges before the summit and erected enough, even if the DRC has not
been able to establish the necessary devices for remote participation, I
could Shared Information of Summit not only in my country but also in the
all countries of Central Africa.
This truly historic Summit

thank you to all

>   The conference is now over, and many of us now go into travel and long
> flights. But before I do, I want to say that during this conference, and
> the meeting beforehand, civil society people really worked incredibly well
> together – far more so than other constituencies. It was great to work with
> a group of such talented and knowledgeable people. There was a high volume
> of exchange and consultation between people and speakers on our behalf,
> with a willingness to take on other perspectives from the group, to stand
> down to allow a more relevant speaker to address a subject etc. great team
> work.
>
> As regards the results – this was version 0.1 of this very interesting –
> and i think promising – version of multistakeholder consultation. So like
> all versions 0.1, it was full of bugs and there are a few changes that
> should be made and improvements. I might say a thing or two about that
> after I have cleared my head. So I think the process has some lessons for
> us, and is worth repeating.
>
> As regards the outputs – as the civil society statement said, there were
> areas of disappointment. I would say personally that I was very angry at
> last minute changes made to some sections after the formal processes of
> drafting and consolidating text had ended and passed through those
> committees to the final approval stage. This was an example of some
> governmental players being more equal than others. As one colleague said,
> more like imperialism than multistakeholderism, from a party who preaches
> the religion. Oh well. In time I might say more about the detail of that.
>
> But for now – there was much good as well, and it was fantastic to be
> involved in this with such a great group of people. All our Brazilian reps,
> and also our selected reps on various committees, did a fantastic job – ad
> it was privilege to see how well they did. They worked long and hard on our
> behalf and deserve a lot of praise. If I start names I will miss someone,
> but to everyone who represented us, I must say job extremely well done.
>
> Now to wind down after three days of intense activities. Great work
> everyone, really worthwhile event.
>
> Ian Peter

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*
*REPRESENTANT OFFICIEL TICAFRICA ET CYBERVILLAGE at FRICA/RDC*

*COORDINATION NATIONALE CAFECCOORDINATION NATIONALE REPRONTIC*

Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr