[governance] New Report: Current Export Controls for Surveillance Tools are Outdated and Ineffective

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Wed Mar 26 23:44:24 EDT 2014

Thanks Ian, that was a relief :-)

Public policy will need to cover some kind of social/public/community
audit processes on all proprietary software used by the general public /
public authorities. Of course release code under GPL would be a better
option wherever possible. This will apply to google search as well..

Though, I dont see this having any chance of happening under the MS
umbrella where deep pocket private interests can successfully drown out
any voices for the public interest...

warm regards,
Guru