[governance] Re: [discuss] FW: Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Mar 22 14:50:45 EDT 2014

At 18:29 22/03/2014, Shatan, Gregory S. wrote:
>your accusations regarding IETF, ISOC and the multistakeholder
>organizations are quite outrageous and completely unsupported.

Dear Gregory,
I understand you dislke Micahel's diagnosis but this is exactly what
one can decide to read in RFC 3869 and RFC 6852 (the amount is there
qualified as a "huge bounty"). Anyway this has no importance. The
truth in this case is that it is what the majority of the world
thinks (right or not) and that it is the situation we have to cope
with. You (men of speech) with your words, us (VGN Managers) with our
acts and decisions.

>I’m fairly confident that no matter what anyone does, says, or
>shows, you will stick to this worldview.  Since it would be a waste
>of time to crawl into the ditch with you and argue these points,

Yes. I know that as a lawyer this is your admirable job, to defend
people. But in this case the task is not to defend anyone but to
protect the whole multitude from hurting misunderstandings. Be sure,
and this is not a good news, but it is the reality, that it will take
time now before a foreign informant accepts to put his life at stake
to inform the CIA or the NSA of something dangerous for you, or a
country to trust US President's "evidences", or a non-US user to
believe in the necessity of an ICANN single authoritative root file.

>I will install award you the first, inaugural “Tin Foil Beret”
>award.  As you can tell from the name, I didn’t expect that you
>would be the first winner, but as a resident of a quasi-Francophone
>country, you’re more than qualified on style as well as substance.

I am afraid this is ad personam and no more ad hominem. I am not sure
of the reason why you allude to Francophones?
jfc