[governance] DOT EDU EXTENSION

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri Mar 21 12:28:22 EDT 2014

Kwasi, you  can also go for university.ac.countryname depending on the
location of your country like ac.uk for www.oxford.ac.uk (United Kingdom),
 or.ac.ke like uonbi.ac.ke *(*Kenya)

One question Internet Evangelists have been asking and Roland has raised it
is why US reserved .edu and .mil exclusively for themselves. The opening up
of the root to allow new GTLDs should answer that question. We now have the
chance to localise our TLD experiences. For example, in large parts of East
Africa, we speak Swahili which is the official lingua franca. It is
therefore logical that for our universities, we should register a TLD
.chuo. Chuo is the Swahili name for University. Why would we want .edu
while we can register .chuo?

So instead of .mil, our region would go for .jeshi (Swahili for Army)

Regards
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh