[governance] IGC Statement in response to NTIA's announced intent to relinquish role in IANA functions

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 10:41:56 EDT 2014

+1 @McTim.

From: dogwallah at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 22:19:29 -0400
To: governance at lists.igcaucus.org; salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [governance] IGC Statement in response to NTIA's announced intent to relinquish role in IANA functions

I would prefer my formulation below.
It doesn't restrict us to CS, PS and governments.
I have used html formatting, apologies for that.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear All,

 The
IGC supports the multi-stakeholder policy making model as an all inclusive,
bottom-up, consensus driven model that enhances democracy by its inclusiveness
of all people from around the world who might be affected by its policy
decision processes and outcomes. The need to enhance meaningful engagement
globally is critical for the processes to be authentic and in the global public
interest.
The
multistakeholder governance model should include all sectors of the Internet ecosystem.  In the inclusive spirit of an authentic Multistakeholder
model, we stand ready to work with all stakeholders and make sure effective consideration is given to the concerns and
views of Internet users, citizens and civil society organizations across the
world.

--
Cheers,

McTim
"A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route indicates how we get there."  Jon Postel