[discuss] [governance] NTIA statement

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Mon Mar 17 17:21:02 EDT 2014

Shatan, Gregory S. <GShatan at ReedSmith.com> [2014-03-17 17:14:05]:
> I don't think the US needed a convenient excuse for the transition.  Pretty much the opposite -- this was a pragmatic response to an inconvenient set of circumstances.

Snowden allows the NTIA to be a bit more helpless than it otherwise
would have been when folks like Newt Gingrich and other American
politicians come baying for its blood backed by the American business
interests that are lining up to oppose this.

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society