[governance] Contribution to NetMundial

Hindenburgo Pires hindenburgo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 11:24:26 EST 2014

*+ 1* Dear Louis Pouzin,

Congratulations for the excellent work.
His work is an important contribution to produce a different Internet
Governance.
We also submitted our work in the NetMundial site.
Also hopefully see you at this event.

--
Hindenburgo Pires

Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Departamento de Geografia Humana
*Sítio-web: http://www.cibergeo.org <http://www.cibergeo.org/>*

*Roadmaps for a multilateral decentralized Internet Governance*

*Abstract*
This document, based on the proposals announced by the Brazilian State in
the Assembly of the
United Nations, in September 24, 2013, and by the representation of the
European Commission, in
February 12, 2014, from considerations about the scenarios of uncertainty
and mistrust of the
Internet Governance, proposes roadmaps for + 1the construction of a
different model.
*Key words:* Internet Governance, Multilateral and Decentralized
Governance, Net Neutrality,
Cyberspace.

> Hi all,
>
> Here attached is the contribution I made to the Brazil meeting as an
> individual. All opinions are welcome.
>
> Caveat: inter-paragraph space in the NetMundial site is rather
> unpredictable.
>
> Louis
> - - -
>

> *Internet Governance; what next ?*
> Abstract.
>
> Internet Governance has been the topic of endless discussion since the
> WSIS preparation was launched in 2001. Most States insist on having equal
> say in decisions bearing not only on technical matters, but also on public
> policy, and economic and societal matters, at both national and
> international level. However, the United States Government (USG) remains
> fully determined to retain unilateral control over the internet. While
> discussions may go on for any number of years, countries and citizens
> around the world cannot afford to remain sitting ducks unable to control
> their future. This paper explores possible actions they may take, without
> the USG approval, to protect their human rights and sovereignty, and to
> acquire some bargaining power in the internet realpolitik.

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

Hindenburgo Francisco Pires