[governance] Finding IGC voice... again, on NETMundial and beyond.

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Mar 4 00:49:58 EST 2014

On the other hand, my organisations and 45 others had suggested a
Technical Oversight Board which will consist of 2-3 persons from each
geo- political region, these people being from key technical academic
institutions, and a method selection/ election from among possible
candidates from each region could be devised... Plus, one member from
each region could come from the respective RIR...

This is a much more democratic spread then getting root operators as
ICANN's overseers (an overwhelming number from the US, and all from
developed countries) , or even TLD operators, who are mostly from the
US, apart from the root operator/ TLD owners proposal suffering from the
problem of those regulated overseeing the regulators....

parminder