[governance] Re: FW: [discuss] Some more legal tangles for ICANN

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 09:01:48 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 7:11 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> The facts of significance here are simple and we can go around them in as
> many ways as we want - seeing them or obscuring them.
>
>  (1).ir directly or through a public sector academic institution is an asset
> of the Iranian government

This is an assertion of fact that is not in evidence.

Do you have documentation of this?

> ( 2) Iranian government can be divested of this asset by ICANN, along with
> NTIA.

neither is true.  IANA CAN re-delegate, but this is not a
re-delegation request.  NTIA is powerless to change the root by
itself.

> (3) Any court in the US can direct both ICANN and NTIA to divest any entity
> of any asset in pursuance of a legal process.

Courts can direct all they want, true.

They could direct me to give the moon to you, that doesn't mean it is
possible for me to do so.

> This set of facts

set of assertions, they are not facts.

rgds,