[governance] Definition of "democratic multistakeholderism" (was Re: Vint Verf tells us the conclusion...)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Jul 26 18:16:00 EDT 2014

Avri's definition has just inspired me to write up the following
definition for “democratic multistakeholderism”:

  The practice of forms of participatory democracy that allow for all
  those who have a stake and who have the inclination, to participate in
  the deliberation of issues and the recommendation of solutions. These
  recommendations may be addressed to the decision-makers for formal
  democratic public policy decisions (such as legislative decisions by
  parliaments and democratically accountable executive decisions of
  governments) or they may provide guidance to those who are responsible
  for the implementation of democratic public policy decisions (which
  includes the private sector).

Available online for linking and commenting at
http://sustainability.oriented.systems/democratic-multistakeholderism/

Greetings,
Norbert