[governance] Root Server

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Sat Jul 26 14:00:35 EDT 2014

Hi,

The worldwide cell phone system, including China, uses more than 1500 roots
(aka HLR), one with each cell operator. Subscribers (7 billions) are more
than twice those of internet. And they are mobile. The basic function is
the same, converting a character string to an infrastructure ID.

Isn't the DNS the most gigantic *D*i*N*o*S*aur ever known ?
Are there political problems with HLRs ?
Nope. It just works. Any questions ?

Louis
- - -