[governance] Global trade in medicines - we have a new regulator

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Jul 21 11:37:45 EDT 2014

This is my question to all ICANN-ist here, that great multistakeholder
body supposed to be representing the global interest.

Why should the question of who is a legitimate actor for online medicine
trade be decided by the US pharma industry, the most despised actor
among public health practitioners and actors for trying to maintain
unaffordably high prices for medicines the world over, and suppressing
manufacture and trade of the much much cheaper generic dyrugs (in which,
India is incidently a big players).

Why should ICANN become a lever in the hands of big pharma?

Why cannot for instance WHO manage .pharmacy?

Social activists from developing countries protest this outrage. Such
things cannot be allowed.

parminder