[governance] plane ticket hardships resulting from potential IGF date change (was: February 19-20...)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Jan 30 14:05:43 EST 2014

Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> For those who want to book well in advance for conference travel, the
> evidence (empirical, to be sure) I have from booking conference
> tickets over the past several years is that this article is right,
> 80..90 days before is when tickets are the cheapest.
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/when-is-the-optimal-time-to-book-a-flight/

Interesting article - thanks Suresh!

(In my browser the article doesn't actually display, but it's there
in the HTML page source, and I've copy-pasted it from there.)

Of course, the findings don't really apply when well before the time
that is optimal on average, there's an offer priced low enough that you
know that the price won't go significantly lower; that is the reason why
I chose to book early in this case.

Greetings,
Norbert