[bestbits] [discuss] [governance] Meeting in Sã o Paulo on Friday, January 10th, is between the LOG and 1Net

Daniel Pimienta pimienta at funredes.org
Fri Jan 10 09:38:45 EST 2014

Dear Mc Tim,

I mentionned on purpose the expression "surveying". It is a simple
and often efficient way to have a virtual community (VC) get back to focus.
A short set of questions, the process of statistics from the answers
and some analysis of the results is quite often a good solution
to reduce confusion, take the pulse and help a VC re-focus to the
real stakes. You can also consider it as a tool to help consensus reaching
when it becomes harder. You can take it also as an auto-evaluation
method for a VC and one may wonder if IGF would not need some type of
evaluation after
some years of running.

Finally I (and I guess many other virtual community managers) have
used many times survey/evaluation in the past as an effective crisis
resolution method within a VC.

As for voting I do feel we need to do it after Norbert Bollow
resigned from Co-Co responsibility and I do not see this process organized.

Best
Daniel

believed to be clean.