[governance] Nomination of Parminder

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:44:00 EST 2014

I arrived after the meeting had started - Carlos and I arrived together.
Like Jeremy I stayed until the meeting ended. I was present for the
incident under discussion. I agree with Jeremy that Parminder's account of
what happened is accurate. I also agree that the tone of the meeting at
that point was extremely unpleasant.
Deirdre

On 9 January 2014 10:17, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2014, at 10:06 pm, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Which still does not explain why several people other than Avri walked
> out of the meeting.
> >
> > As McTim says this issue remains open - and I would appreciate hearing
> from others who were present.
> >
> > The minutes of this meeting remain carefully non committal as to detail.
>
> I was present and indeed I remained in the room throughout, after some
> others had left.  Parminder's account of the meeting is accurate.  In
> saying this, I do not doubt Avri in saying that she felt physically
> threatened - because that atmosphere was, indeed, heated - but neither do I
> doubt Parminder's assurance that he had no intent to make her to feel that
> way.
>
> Can we move on?
>
> --
> Dr Jeremy Malcolm
> Senior Policy Officer
> Consumers International | the global campaigning voice for consumers
> Office for Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur,
> Malaysia
> Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
>
> Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub
> |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone
>
> @Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org |
> www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
>
> Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless
> necessary.
>
> WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended
> to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see
> http://jere.my/l/8m.

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979