[governance] Nomination of Parminder

Daniel Pimienta pimienta at funredes.org
Wed Jan 8 22:11:20 EST 2014

This is getting quite personal now... Dont you think it is too much so?
 From Deirdre's report I get that neither Suresh nor Mc Tim were
present in that event,
so why are they reporting about it?

When I read:
>He was then physically aggressive/threatening towards me (no
>contact, but i felt physically threatened).
I must say that I totally trust this testimony: what people feels is
an objective part of their own realm although it could be seen
subjective from the outside.

However.

Just a highly probable hypothesis to try to put some calming to this
personal situation.
Cultures does matters. Difference of cultures makes a lot of ...difference.

I spent 2 years in assignment in the US back in 1984 (in the deep
South), coming from my mediterranean culture.
Every time I was getting anger (and in my culture we do not repress
this state of mind, we just express our anger) I realized that some
people around me felt physically threaten (in spite the fact I have
never rised the hand to anybody and I am totally uncapable of any
physical agression). It really impressed me a lot and obliged me,
since i was living there, to try to adapt and change somehow
behavior. I am not familiar with Indian culture but I wonder if we
are not facing the same type of situation and my guess is that it is
highly probable.

I do recommand the reading of US citizen author Edward T. Hall's "The
hidden dimension" who brightly explained how cultural chocks create
strange situatrons... and to cool down.

Conclusive question : are we supposed, on the top of being fluent in
English, to embrace US culture in order to be allowed to participate
in an IGF event?

believed to be clean.