[governance] Re: [bestbits] emails to Adiel

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Wed Jan 8 01:54:19 EST 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 2:46 PM, parminder wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 January 2014 10:26 PM, Carolina Rossini wrote:
>> Dear folks,
>>
>> Adiel will be the person in the meeting in Brazil on January 10th. Folks in Brazil want this "1Net" fictional entity to filter ALL conversations with CGI.
>
> Carolina
>
> Your description of 1Net and its role as seen by LOG is interesting. The point is; does civil society agree to this arrangement - of 1Net filtering all conversations with CGI... or have we simply become a pushover (willing?) for the powerful to make deals among themselves. That would be such a shame, and I have begun to get this feeling that we are fast getting there if not already there.

Seems like a lot of mis-communication all round.

Adiel will not be at the meeting on Jan 10th.  Email from the 1Net discuss list:

> On Jan 8, 2014, at 3:17 AM, Adiel Akplogan wrote:
>
>> I won't be in Brazil. I have already asked if the /1net steercom reps can attend the meeting at least as observer, awaiting for answer from the LOC.
>>
>> - a.

Let's wait and see how the local organizers respond to his request to have steering committee members attend. I am beginning to loose track of committee/nominations, etc., but believe we have selected five steering committee members:

Rafik Dammak
Anriette Esterhuysen
Anja Kovacs
Vladimir Radunovik
Joana Varon

Marilia Maciel as back-up.

Can't imagine there's anyway to have all five attend in person :-)  But there are ways to have input. Hopefully the committee at least has a list.  And if some of the other Brazil CS liaisons are available at such short notice, suggest we ask they + Marilia be invited to attend as proxies.  Perhaps one of the 5 steering committee members could make this request?

We now have about 11 weeks until the end of March when meeting needs to be in near final shape.  Time will always mess up our hopes for good process, let's work with what we have... and thanks to those volunteering to help.

Adam