[governance] For a change an oped in the Hindu that advocates multistakeholderism rather than support for the CIRP

Chetan Khanna chetankhanna93 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 06:26:17 EST 2014

Another article which touches only the tip of the iceberg. And there is
indeed no takeaway. :p

Its indeed interesting that there is a constant criticism on the advocacy
for anti-multistakeholdherhism in India. But please do let me know whom are
we protecting? Big MNC's.Question arises how many jobs do they create and
how many job loss do they lead to?

Youth in policymaking? Am a youth myself but do know for a fact that we are
not capable to make policies regarding peer to peer, free software or for
that matter copyright. i can learn but policy making is definitely not our
cup of tea.

And to even think of advocating a free and transparent-ism in a society
which has not known individualism in its 2000 year history is almost like
opening a can of worms.

Interestingly, to even think that India is a service industry which is
dominated by IT. The claims of a multistakeholderism in India should be
looked as completely shallow within the country.

Yes, multi-lateralism is bad but we cannot just impose a completely new
culture in our society. We did try it once when we became independent. The
result , we became a noisy democracy! So by backing multi-stakeholdherhism
where are we heading?

Having going through the arguments of civil society for the past 6 months
am only surprised that "status" matters and not ideas!

Best
Chetan