[governance] RE: [bestbits] Call for Transparency Process for 1Net

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Mon Feb 10 01:53:32 EST 2014

On 10 Feb 2014, at 6:16 am, michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Precisely what are people afraid of in insisting that 1Net, a formation that was interposed and interposed itself between “CS” and the Brazil meeting, make transparent its decision making processes including in the crucial areas of financial supports and expenditures and decisions as to inclusions and exclusions.

	I am not afraid at all of 1Net increasing its transparency and accountability mechanisms - on the contrary, that would clearly be a positive outcome. But I am quite afraid that we will spend a much larger amount of time debating the internal functioning of 1net, which at this point is largely a mechanism for dealing with administrative issues to do with a single event, rather than focussing on the substantive policy outcomes of that, and future, events.
	Regards

		David