[governance] Fwd: [cs-coord] Civil Society Speakers for IGF Closing Ceremony

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Aug 27 20:31:41 EDT 2014

At 19:41 27/08/2014, Jean-Christophe Nothias wrote:
>Milton,
>
>Why is it that you hardly make a difference between:
>- One hero  delivering a speech that would be a "rough-consensus"
>summary, some sort of fusion of all ideas expressed by CS and
>- One decent honest broker trying to express what are the diverse
>opinions, highlighting where he might see ground for possible
>consensus/progress/convergence (don't need to be "rough" under a
>democratic flag) ?

Dear Milton

I have 36 years of history in fighting for an institutionalized and
architectural presence of the international network users. Sometimes
with more, and most of the time, with less resources than you have. I
also wish you the best for your speech, and I wish us the best  too
if you gallantly adopt the most realistic and up to date JC's second option.

It is up to you to chose between making a nth speech and history.

Further on it will be too late, because the new technical and
economic internet governances which "embrace a modern paradigm for
standards where the economics of global markets, fueled by
technological advancements, drive global deployment of standards
regardless of their formal status" (RFC 6852), may not consider the
"CS" anymore, except as a waste of time and T&L expenses.

Best

jfc