[governance] Russia demands Internet users show ID to access public Wifi

Ken Stubbs kstubbs at afilias.info
Sat Aug 9 14:21:41 EDT 2014

You miss-interpret my words here Mwendwa ..

It is a matter of definition. I was referring to a "legal entitlement".

Your interpretation of the term is clearly different than mine.

This does not make my statement disreputable.

The UN commission on human rights states

" All human rights are indivisible, whether they are civil and political
rights, such as the right to life,
equality before the law and freedom of expression; economic, social and
cultural rights, such as the rights to work, social security and
education ,
or collective rights, such as the rights to development and
self-determination, are indivisible, interrelated and interdependent. "

It would appear that some parties feel that requiring identification
represents a "restriction to access" which
you apparently define as a denial of human rights.

I am not at all comfortable with that definition.

Ken

---