[governance] Fwd: [IGFmaglist] Invitation to High Level Leaders Meeting on 1 September 2014

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue Aug 5 03:14:33 EDT 2014

Being a Civil Society MAG member, I just received the following invitation
to High Level Leaders Meeting on Sep. 1

To be honest, I have some ambiguous feeling about this. Having looked at
the list of invited speakers, I see very few Civil Society
people/organizations. There is no good balance.

Not knowing how the selection made, maybe some well-respected CS people
might have declined to be there, with schedule conflict with other events,
or with some reservation etc.
I honestly don't know.

Just sitting there and listening to all speeches don't make sense, on the
one hand.
On the other, I don't want to see this meeting with much fewer participants
from the civil society.

Just sharing my feeling and thought now.

Will decide after hearing from you guys ;-).

many thanks,

izumi