[governance] FW: Data stored overseas should be accessible to US government, judge rules - RT USA

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 12:45:06 EDT 2014

Peter,

I'm not a lawyer so my observations are casual but my question was whether
judges/courts might make similar judgments concerning data held by companies
in their  jurisdictions... not that they would need to but these are
somewhat uncharted areas and from observation courts seem to learn/adopt
from each other in areas such as this one... with, as you suggested, quite
chaotic results...