[governance] FINAL VERSION OF THE Netmundial DOCUMENT

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun Apr 27 20:41:33 EDT 2014

At 21:36 27/04/2014, Milton L Mueller wrote:
>Here's my take on the Netmundial outcome document
>http://www.internetgovernance.org/2014/04/27/netmundial-moves-net-governance-beyond-wsis/

It seems that you now have to chose between US industry and global
civil society interests. States have not helped independent users to
speak-up. We now are back to reality, i.e. to RFC 6852/OpenStand:
global communities economies decide of the technologies.

The John Lapise's comment on your site is pertinent, except that the
game now for Edge Providers is not to learn diplomacy, but to teach
the US law and commercial treaties (e.g. TAFTA), to allied States and
the world. The fundamental winner seems to be Google. Civil Society
looks being a superficial non-loser, i.e. a useful idiot. Deafening
are  the Russian and Chinese silences.

IMHO, only one thing counted: a definitive commitment to network
neutrality. Network US-legal-non-neutrality won. Acta est fabula. The
network has been fragmented among multistake/share/statusholders.

jfc