[governance] Fwd: [IP] Google's Gmail Keyword Scanning Might Violate Wiretap Law, Judge Finds

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Sep 28 21:40:45 EDT 2013

Economics 101 for the difference between the two, McTim :)

Gurstein has a point, the free email market IS monopolistic in nature, but then again so are other commodity markets where effort is made to differentiate a product to justify its pricing in whatever form (ad supported ... paid for email, all the way to hamburgers, say)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopolistic_competition

--srs (iPad)