[bestbits] Letter to Pres. Rousseff, was, Re: [governance] Dilma Rousseff's speech at UN

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Sep 25 15:27:29 EDT 2013

Hi,

While I cannot accept any plan that is dominated by States and their multilateral closed club, I don't think that the letter necessarily must be read that way.

She does say:

> 2 - Open, multilateral and democratic governance, carried out with transparency by stimulating
> collective creativity and the participation of society, Governments and the private sector.

And while this is not quite yet an endorsement of the fully participatory democracy I hope MSism leads to, it does seem to aim that way.

Yes, is it still top down, as the governments will be stimulating the people as opposed to the people simulating the government, but there are other sentiments that do warrant support.

As long as civil society does not bind itself to government leadership by buying into a multilateral vision, I suppose it is possible to come up with something that could get some sort of support.

But in one day as Carlos asks?

avri