[governance] stakeholder categories (was Re: NSA sabotage of Internet security standards...)

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Sep 18 15:10:28 EDT 2013

Hi! Avery,
I am afraid you lost me here.

At 20:22 18/09/2013, Avri Doria wrote:
>But if, under the leadership of one of our co-cos we get down to
>determining who is and is not influenced as a determinant, I think
>there will be a lot of things to look at, including my favorite -
>who funds your so-called Civil society organization.

Is it a question to me? We were denied as an ICANN atlarge
organization because we ... had no banking account.
T&L have a cost, fighting and winning only demand time.

>Also, for those who live in countries where the registration as an
>NGO is state controlled and a perk of cooperation, I have questions
>as to the degree of uninfluence those folks can ever really have.

I am afraid that in every country, starting with the US NGO
organization registration is by the state? I am unclear about what
you mean by "perk of cooperation".
Actually, my own favorite is who is footing your T&L.

>As for RFC 3869, civil society it could not speak of, and thereof
>remained silent on the issue.

Why could it not speak of/up???
Please explain.

jfc