[governance] The Gilder Friday Letter #Net Neutrality

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 13:23:21 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Sonigitu Ekpe <soekpe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Level of knowledge in Africa is totally underutilized; It becomes almost
> impossible for them to initial development.
>
> Africans totally depend on outsiders to grow.

Liquid Telecom is an African company, as are many others in the
telecom/Internet/data infrastructure space.  On the East Coast of Africa,
SEACOM is PS, TEAMS is PPP, EASSY is a blend of the two, with mostly
incumbent telcos (some gov owned) in the lead (92% African, 8% int'l).  All
have traffic, lots of it.

The West Coast initiatives started several years after the East Coast ones,
it's no wonder they haven't caught up yet.

--
Cheers,

McTim