[governance] Stakeholders wrangle over the Brazil Summit on Internet Governance

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu Oct 31 06:23:02 EDT 2013

Thanks Bill.  Helpful explanation.

Transcripts:  they arrive from the scribe team a couple of hours after the session/workshop as a raw file, mistakes of all kinds.  These are cleaned up, names added where they can be etc, and posted.  This is much easier for the main/focus sessions.  Transcription is done remote, so quality of the Internet connection matters.  Video was I believe a direct feed to YouTube (no clue how it worked, but an innovation for this year.)

Now we're away from Bali the burden is on the much smaller secretariat... and they must be exhausted.  It's a large and complex conference for a very small core team (I am not part of the core group.)  I hope the MAG will send a clear message that the secretariat must be strengthen (again, I don't mean me.)  Basically the IGF is run by three people: And the MAG and many volunteers of course, but three core people.  A quite stunning achievement.

Adam