[governance] Ad hoc Best Bits strategy meeting tomorrow lunchtime

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 14:41:03 EDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM, JFC Morfin <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:
> At 10:15 26/10/2013, parminder at itforchange.net wrote:

<snip>
  No one would have bet a penny on a
> failure either. 5 years ago already: today ICANN has produced its first
> vanity TLDs
> (http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-3-23oct13-en.htm).

How can you be pro-lingusitic diversity AND call them vanity TLDs:

The four strings delegated are:

شبكة (xn--ngbc5azd) – Arabic for "web/network"
Registry: International Domain Registry Pty. Ltd.
онлайн (xn--80asehdb) – Cyrillic for "online"
Registry: CORE Association
сайт (xn--80aswg) – Cyrillic for "site"
Registry: CORE Association
游戏(xn--unup4y) – Chinese for "game(s)"