IGF moving on "Was Re: [governance] Draft IGC Meeting Minutes"

Nnenna nne75 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 03:12:25 EDT 2013

I stayed till the end of the meeting (though my name is missing from the attendance list).
One clear outcome of the meeting (apart from letting off steam) is the realization that we NEED the IGC.

Here are the other desires that I heard expressed:
	1. The need for each lister to observe the rule of "be liberal in what you receive and conservative in what you send"
	2. The need to limit posts/replies/communications to a number of words, like 200.
	3. The need to maybe limit personal "opinions" on a particular thread to maximum of posts, like 2/3. State your opinion as clearly as you can and do not overflog it.
	4. NO attacks on persons.

	5. De Williams was asking if there was a technology that can make posts anonymous. The other option will be to reply to issues... without including people's names. It will help us focus on issues instead of persons
	6. The possibility of having thematic leads, for content/input coordination purposes
	7. Clarifying our common interest: are we politicians or advocates?

	8. The IMPORTANCE of respecting the co-cos. And keeping them out of the "war zone"
Hope these prove useful

Nnenna