[bestbits] Re: [governance] Ad hoc Best Bits strategy meeting, etc.

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Oct 23 17:51:07 EDT 2013

At 18:53 23/10/2013, Mawaki Chango wrote:
>Techies cannot write a clean and accurate user guide for... users!
>It is my sense that they are mostly impressed with impressing their
>peers, as is often the case with minority groups of meritocrats. So
>yes, seeing "multistakeholderism" as the opportunity to shift from
>"government-centric" to "techno-centric" should be a matter of
>concern to CS --or to any plain citizen, for that matter.

+1

>I'm just saying -- "on equal footing" my dear!

Is there not a formula to say "on equal tonguing". I start being
surprised by this non multilinguistic multi-stakeholderism.
Until now techies dealt with machines only. This is no more true with
the semantic layers.

We are now dealing with a part of your brain (and, as the NSA shows
it, of your person).

The first of the human rights is to speak and be taught it his
langage (denying it is assimilated to cultural genocide); then there
is the right to understand others; then the right not to hear others'
noise; etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_%28political_science%29

At 19:22 23/10/2013, Poncelet Ileleji wrote:
>Within the CS community in my opinion  our role is to ensure  the
>processes  to be inclusive all voices should be heard,  dialogues
>should be inclusive, agendas and communiques should reflect the true
>spirit of "multistakeholderism".

Just a minute. Multi-stakeholderism is not only a way to be "heard",
but a decision process that replace democratic votes in polycratic
process where the multiplicty of stakes, groups of diffent sizes, and
kinds of interest, etc. calls for a more adapted process. However, it
should never by-pass a participation to the decision (not just
hearings) at least through an appeal capacity. The technical
monopoly, the Internet Consortium that Jeremy talks about, is
preparing is based on RFC 6852 "hearing" and lack of appeal. This is
a fundamental error: if a technical disagreement cannt be solved
among techies, it will result in a technical fork (i.e. the
balkanization of the Internet).

jfc