[governance] IGC Feedback on Internet Principles and Dynamic Coalition [ Call for Comments]

Daniel Pimienta pimienta at funredes.org
Mon Oct 21 18:50:41 EDT 2013

> > [ST]: McTim I hear what you are saying. Your view does not in anyway
> > represent your country and I agree and it will be noted and recorded. It is
> > just to help us know where you are based physically.
>
>Why is that a useful metric?

A possible answer could be fo instance to have some statistics about
the attendance from developing countries civil society
where the cost of such traveling is hardly supported by universities
of Civil Socity Organizations without
some type of international mechanism (which did occur more frequently
during the WSIS and tend to
disappear now leaving a potential balance problem which should be tracked).
Another possible answer could be linked to linguistic diversity.

It is indeed a good practice for any international meeting to have at
hand statistics on different factors
which need to be tracked (geographical presence, gender presence...etc).
Dont you agree that equitable balance in some key factors is a
worthwile objective?

believed to be clean.