[governance] Brief outline of opening ceremony speech [Nnenna]

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 10:39:27 EDT 2013

Looks good Nnenna. On the point on MS and participation, please try and emphasise the need for a clear framework for this.
RgdsGG

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:25:39 -0700
From: nne75 at yahoo.com
To: governance at lists.igcaucus.org
Subject: [governance] Brief outline of opening ceremony speech [Nnenna]

Dear all

Very many thanks to all who have contributed, advised and shared. I received 50+ feedback to the email requesting input.  Below, I have tried to make a plan based on all the points. I only have 6 minutes and I am reserving 15 seconds to walking and maybe 2/3 pauses.

=======

A.
Introduce myself : name, organisation  - 45 seconds
B.
Key principles : 120 seconds
Human
	rights  and the safeguard of diversity

	Multistakeholder
	and full participation at all levels
	The
	Development agenda of  Internet Governance : reduce poverty,
	support health services, education and provide opportunities

C :
 Our aims : 120 seconds
Enhanced
	cooperation
	Affordable
	Internet
	Accessibility of and
	on the Internet
	Viable
	and capable IG processes at national levels

D :
Issues that need emphasis – 30 seconds
Women
	and youth participation in IG processes and the role of Internet as
	a tool for social justice and equity
	The
	 growing threat of unwarranted government surveillance across the
	globe

E :
Thanks – 30 seconds