[governance] CS speakers

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Mon Oct 21 03:04:38 EDT 2013

MAG members of the Civil society groups were asked at the last minute too
send the names of the candidates for the opening session speaker, and some
of us sent some names, and the IGF Secretariat decided.

There was no time honestly to consult with say IGC.

I was naively expecting that the IGC co-cos were already asked, or, being
Prepared, but unfortunately, that seems to be not the case.

There should be sufficient time and more transparent process, I agree.

izumi

2013/10/21 Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch>

> A quick request for CS MAG members: Could you please arrange for some
> transparency in regard to what is going on in regard to selection of
> CS speakers for IGF opening and closing?
>
> Greetings,
> Norbert

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

                        >> Izumi Aizu <<