[governance] Bali airport construction

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Mon Oct 14 00:20:15 EDT 2013

On 14/10/13 12:03, Robert Guerra wrote:
> In the past I have tried to setup a group skype channel. I won't do so
> this year as am decommissioning the use of Skype in favour of more
> open standards (such as XMPP) Suggest use of jabber compatible client
> (which is available for all platforms)
>
> Recommend Adium (Mac os), and chat secure (ios). Likely there are
> equivalents for other platforms

For the past several years I have made both IRC and Jabber chats
available for the IGF, but almost nobody used them.  There is even a web
interface at http://igf-online.net/chat.php.  If I was lucky, one or two
other people might use it during the entire IGF.

So I have not touched it for this year, because my priorities are
focussed on things that people are making more likely to make use of.
(For the same reason, and for the first time since 2007, I haven't
provided a subscribable iCalendar schedule for the IGF this year - I
don't know if anyone used it, and it was taking a lot of time.)

Having said that, it's still working and the instructions to connect
using either Jabber or IRC are given at http://igf-online.net/chat.php.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge
hub | http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
<http://www.facebook.com/consumersinternational>

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't
print this email unless necessary.

*WARNING*: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.