[governance] Bali airport construction

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Sun Oct 13 23:50:10 EDT 2013

Just arrived in Bali . A few quick notes for those arriving in the next few
days for the IGF

- view is quite scenic flying into Bali. Get a window seat to get the best
view

- Bali airport is undergoing renovations . All quite orderly, but
construction makes the waiting areas a bit smaller
- visa on arrival fee was 25 $ usd for me
- after you collect your luggage, it gets xrayed and then you pass through
customs, and exit to the arrivals section of the airport
- there are numerous ATM machines in the arrival area (past customs ) and 1
or 2 mobile company booths (where one can get sims ). I didn't inquire as
to cost, through
- even though it's over, the APEC leaders summit signs are still up as is
the free APEC airport wifi :)

Hope these tips are helpful

Robert

Sent from a mobile device. Apologies for typos and brevity.

--
R. Guerra
Phone/Cell: +1 202-905-2081 <+1%20202-905-2081>
Email: rguerra at privaterra.org