[governance] CONSENSUS CALL Re: Draft letter text

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 17:00:31 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:
> McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote Sat, 12 Oct 2013 21:19:30 -0400:
>
>> I still haven't heard anything reality based to indicate why Brasil
>> should be mentioned first in the first para.
>
> I have discussed this at length in my posting of Sat, 12 Oct 2013
> 08:27:39 +0200, which I'm copying below.
>
> If you wish to dismiss that entire posting as not “reality based”,
> please point out for each of the three points on what basis you claim
> that they are not “reality based”.

It is the fact that they are not based in fact.

You yourself admit:

 "While the specific proposal of going forward by means of such an
event has come from ICANN"

> In my view, what I have written is very much reality-based, and not at
> all ideological.

Look if what we are trying to do is to "speak truth to power", then
the bare minimum we have to do is to speak the truth, no?

Of course we are writing to Fadi and The Pres of Brazil, I would
totally oppose a letter to Rousseff alone.

--
Cheers,

McTim